precedence in crontabs

James Darrell McCauley jdm5548 at diamond.tamu.edu
Sun Mar 3 07:40:07 AEST 1991

In article <10481 at dog.ee.lbl.gov>, david at mobius.msri.org (David Mostardi) writes:
[stuff deleted]

|> 	0 4 1 * * /usr/etc/rdump 0ubcdsf ...
|> 	0 4 * * 6 /usr/etc/rdump 5ubcdsf ...
|> 	0 4 * * 2,3,4,5 /usr/etc/rdump 9ubcdsf ...

I would suggest not using cron to do a level 0 dump.

I'm not sure which cron would see first, but I it would
attempt to do both dumps.  Are you using different drives for level 0
and level 9?

If you must do this using cron, may I suggest running an sed script
on the crontab file using cron:
  0 3 1 * * remove_level_9
  0 6 1 * * add_level_9

--
James Darrell McCauley (jdm5548 at diamond.tamu.edu, jdm5548 at tamagen.bitnet)
Spatial Analysis Lab, Department of Agricultural Engineering,