Fujitsu 1.2Gb disk on Sun

Don Christensen djc at Kesa.COM
Wed May 15 07:23:35 AEST 1991

src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) writes:

>parker at mprgate.mpr.ca (Ross Parker) writes:

>>I've set up a Fujitsu 2266 disk on a Sun SPARC 2 system, and
>>am experiencing some problems.

>>Namely, I'm getting lots of fatal read and write errors in
>>the system error log, yet when I scan the disk for bad blocks
>>I encounter none. The errors are reported in blocks appearing
>>all over the disk. There are no errors on the internal drive
>>on the system, which indicates that the SCSI controller is ok.

We had a similar problem on our IPC that was solved by disabling the
cache on the drive.  We were told that the cache worked fine on an SS2,
but that may not be true.

-Don
--
Don Christensen  <=> djc at kesa.com     <=> "Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend;
Kesa Corporation <=> ...!mips!kesa!djc <=> they are all equal in the end."