Bug in su (?)

Mark R. Nilsen mrn at eplunix.UUCP
Thu May 30 06:20:13 AEST 1991

I hope this posting is relevent here.  I do not regularly read this group.
I have encountered a problem when using su with rsh.  This is what happens.

I type from one of our vaxen:

	rsh earlobe su

I get:

	Password:

I start typing and my keystrokes are echoed!!

If noone is looking over my shoulder and I type the correct password
I get stuck in a very strange state.  I can do everything I want,
but I have no visible prompt.  The environment variable says my
prompt is "#" though.  I went to our local guru and he poked around
for a while.  He noticed several interesting things in the source
that would explain parts of this problem.  My question to the net is
is there documentation or this?  Why hasn't it been fixed.

Thank-you in advance for any information regarding this.  You may
respond by email, but I will also check for postings.  Flames will be read
with pitty.

--Mark.
--
"To skilled assembly language	      |	Mark Nilsen.
programmers, the 8088 is perhaps the  |
most wonderful processor ever	      |	mrn%eplunix.UUCP at eddie.mit.edu
created, ..."-Dr Dobb's Journal, 3/91 |