SCSI thanks, wild user processes

Mark Harrison harrison at csl.dl.nec.com
Fri May 31 07:06:39 AEST 1991

First, thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about
unhooking SCSI devices while the machine was still running.
I  guess I won't be trying that anytime soon. :-)

Another question:  We recently had a system crash due to
a user running a shell script that accidentally invoked
itself.

$ cat foo
cd /somewhere-else #directory did not exist.
./foo

Is there

1.  A way to keep this from crashing the system?
2.  If the system has crashed, to determine that
    this was the reason?

We are running SunOS 4.1.1.

Thanks in advance,
Mark.