something like motd question

bob shaw bshaw at hcmv2.ti.com
Sat May 11 01:31:35 AEST 1991

This is probably a very "basic" question .

What I am looking for is something like /etc/motd.

I would like to have a file that is read when a user logs in
*IF* this file has been updated since it was last read by this
user.  This file would contain specific system  news info, etc and
would constantly be changed by the sys_admin.

I know that /bin/login is first consulted when you login so something
like this is probably what I am looking for.

My particular system is a Sun SS1 or SS2.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Shaw  Texas Instruments  Dallas
bshaw at hcvdl.vdl.ti.com