xterm setuid problems.

James Cameron jc at raven.bu.edu
Tue May 14 16:57:35 AEST 1991

System:  SunOS 4.1.1 on SparcStation2 with X11R4

Problem: Error messages generated by xterm and xload on client machine.
         We have one SparcStation2 server and a client which NFS's the
	 the local partition.  However, when either xterm or xload is
	 started on the client, the following messages are generated:

May 14 02:10:45 pitch vmunix: xload, uid 23: setuid execution not allowed
May 14 02:10:46 pitch vmunix: xterm, uid 23: setuid execution not allowed

	 I did export the partition with the -root parameter as follows:

/usr1           -root=pitch.bu.edu

	 this did not fix the problem.  We are not running NIS so on
	 both machines there exists /etc/passwd which is a replica
         of the other....

Any ideas?

jc

--
					-- James Cameron  (jc at raven.bu.edu)

Signal Processing and Interpretation Lab.  Boston, Mass  (617) 353-2879