Disc (De)Fragger

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Thu May 2 01:40:43 AEST 1991

stevedc at syma.sussex.ac.uk (Stephen Carter) writes:
>		Disc Fragmentation (etc)

for system V machines:
i regularly use a program called packdisk on my /usr/spool/news.
another program called fsanalyze tells me that the above filesystem
takes about two weeks to develop >40% fragmentation. packdisk makes
that ~3% again. packdisk was posted to comp.sources.misc, volume8,
fsanalyze is in volume5. of course packdisk is somewhat dangerous :-)
--
   Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93 [voice!]
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]: