Project Athena ( was Re: Non Destructive Version of rm)

Anthony "Tkil" Foiani afoiani at nmsu.edu
Thu May 9 03:39:40 AEST 1991

Just to add a bit of ammo to the current flame war.  Since we seem to
be in an argument of Compute Servers + X Window Terminals vs. File
Servers + Workstations, and at the moment Purdue vs. Project Athena, I
thought I'd comment via the following quote from the man page for X(1)

 "The X Window System is a network transparent window system developed
  at MIT..."

And from _Bridging The X Information Gap_, a UNIXToday! supplement
from March 1991:

 "In May 1984 Athena got its first stable VS100s, and throught that
  summer Scheifler did the initial work on the X protocol..." (p. 3)

Makes me wonder.

Cheers,
Tony
--
Tony Foiani  a.k.a. Tkil  (afoiani at nmsu.edu) or (mcsajf at nmsuvm1.bitnet)
Supporting:  Unix / DOS / VMS / Macintosh / "What's this?"