Memory usage questions

Denis Beauchemin beauchem at roselin.DMI.USherb.CA
Thu May 9 01:16:30 AEST 1991

Hi there,

I am trying to compute the amount of main memory used by some processes and I
don't know exactly what to look at in the ps output.  When I do a "ps aux" I
get the SZ and RSS fields that detail memory usage.  Is one a subset of the
other or do I have to add them up to get the real picture?

What's the memory requirements of SunOS 4.1.1 on a SPARCstation 2?  How can I
determine it?  It must be related to the kernel I am using...

Thanks for answering these questions!

--
=== Denis Beauchemin,  === beauchem at DMI.USherb.CA ===