Is there something like 'shutdownrc' at SunOS 4.1 ?

Jonathan Knight csd35 at seq1.keele.ac.uk
Wed May 29 18:11:59 AEST 1991

>From article <868 at cadlab.sublink.ORG>, by albani at cadlab.sublink.ORG (Lanfranco Albani):
> smeets at speedy.ada.cci.de (Vincent Smeets) writes:
>>I have looked at the 'shutdown' program itself, but that is no
>>shellscript so I can't change anything.
>
> Easy, make your own! :-)
> Rename /etc/shutdown as /etc/shutdown.bin, write down a script like this:

Nope, that's not really as useful as shutdown running a script.  Suppose
we run an Oracle server, then what we want is the Oracle server to shut
down at shutdown time, not before anyone has had the shutdown message.
It would be really useful to have shutdown execute a script so that
servers can be neatly closed down at the right moment.
--
  ______    JANET :jonathan at uk.ac.keele.cs     Jonathan Knight,
    /       BITNET:jonathan%cs.kl.ac.uk at ukacrl Department of Computer Science