Controlling access to workstations

Henk Mos mos at fys.ruu.nl
Tue May 28 01:01:37 AEST 1991

In our department we are using a server (DECsystem 5500, Ultix 4.1) en a number
of client DECstations. Passwd en group files are distributed through yp. Every
research group has its own group entry. I'm looking for a simple to maintain
mechanism to assign workstation access (login, rsh, etc.) to one or more groups
and/or users, but to continue the usage of yp. I'm sure this has been done
before so any practical solution is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Henk Mos

Henk J. Mos, Dept of Physics and Astrophysics, Utrecht University
The Netherlands.  Phone: 31-30-532239    Email: mos at fys.ruu.nl