AIX C:constant expr in array decl breaks cc

Brian Kelley/10000000 brian at dgsi.UUCP
Thu Dec 7 03:17:21 AEST 1989

In article <6388 at turnkey.gryphon.COM> jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM writes:
>Oleg, like myself, works for Locus, we are the developers of AIX370 for
>IBM. As for the machines, we have processors from the smallest 9370
>through the 3090. As to how it is, that depends on the hardware you run
>it on. I suggest you attend Unix Expo or one of the European shows and
>see for yourself! In my opinion, AIX on a 3090-600 will blow the doors
>off of just about any other Unix platform :-}.

That's not what I heard.  At least the word on the street is it's really slow.
Well not *REALLY* slow, but only about twice as fast as a $10,000 DEC Station
3100.  I've also heard that IBM will not let anyone disclose performance
figures for the system.  How about some dhrystones?  Seriously, are there
industry standard benchmark results available from somewhere?  How much
does a typical 3090-600 cost?  What about those DEC graphs that show price/
performance; one of those could potentially be very amusing.

>Jack F. Vogel			jackv at seas.ucla.edu
>AIX Technical Support	              - or -
>Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at ifs.umich.edu

---
Brian Kelley
itivax!clif!dgsi!brian