Help needed with mail

Rob McDonald rob at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca
Wed Dec 20 16:48:28 AEST 1989

I am in need of some advice.  I have two RT's  on  a  token  ring
network.   They  are  running AIX 2.2.1.  By following the system
management manual I have managed to get mail working between  the
two  machines.   Addresses  such as rob at system1 are recognized on
system2 and vice versa.  I have tried to set up a uucp mail  link
with another machine via modem with no luck.  Mail to joe at machine
is  rejected.   Mail  to  machine!joe  is  placed  in   directory
/usr/spool/uucp/machine.

My understanding is that Uusched will run  uucp  to  perform  the
transfer.   Nothing happens, there is mail over a month old still
waiting there.  I am sure that I have missed something in my set-
up  of  the system, but cannot spot it.  I am hoping that it will
be obvious to one of you.  If the information provided is   inad-
quate,   it's  because   I   am  not  certain what information is
relevant (I am a real greenhorn) I would be happy to provide  any
clarification required.

I would appreciate any advice that you could provide.  I am  con-
vinced that if the solution is in the manual, I either can't find
the page, or don't recognize it as the solution to my problem.

...rob

--
EMAIL: rob at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca  ARCHAIC: Stelco Technical Services Ltd.
  ...!utzoo!utgpu!maccs!rob                 1375 Kerns Rd., Burlington