Job control

Mark Whetzel markw at airgun.wg.waii.com
Thu Nov 30 01:27:22 AEST 1989

Aix 2.2.1 on the IBM RT may be missing job control, but IMHO it has just
enough BSD to allow most programs that had starts in BSD to compile with
MINOR changes, mostly to include locations.  So far after porting about 50
different X programs and other utilities, I have had very little problem
getting most programs to run and operate successfully.

BTW:  NFS and syslog are available for AIX 2.2.1 as well, I am running it
as we speak.  As a matter of fact, one of our RT's is the file server for
3 sparc stations, and holds the binary programs and source tree for MOTIF
compiled from the sparcstation 1's!

The RT's are also serving as print servers for all of the sparcstations!

So far I have found AIX easier to use and better documented than SUNOS for
the Sparcstations!

Markw
--
Mark Whetzel     My comments are my own, not my company's.
Western Geophysical - A division of Western Atlas International,
A Litton/Dresser Company           DOMAIN addr: markw at airgun.wg.waii.com
				   UUNET address:  uunet!airgun!markw