AIX vs ksh startup

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Wed Oct 25 23:14:02 AEST 1989

The story of porting AIX to ksh continues...

So now I've got my port of ksh to AIX PS/2 1.1 working pretty well.  However,
the following anomaly has me puzzled:

   If I "open ksh" from a command prompt, it works properly.
   If I "open ksh" from my .profile, the "opened" session works properly,
   but the "opening" session hangs.  I can get it to proceed by sending
   it  SIGCHLD signal from my other session, or I can get it to proceed
   by pressing my INTR key.  I can also get it to work by putting a
   "sleep 4&" just before my "open ksh" (this causes a SIGCHLD signal).

Any (helpful) suggestions?
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin