Maynstream tape under AIX on PS/2-80's?

Bill Webb webb at bass.tcspa.ibm.com
Thu Oct 12 07:45:22 AEST 1989

> I have two exabytes packaged by a company called "Maynard" something or
> other. DOes anyone have any experience with them?
> The AIX kernel won't see it (/dev/mt0 complains `no such device or
> address') The only software they sent us runs under DOS, and I
> couldn't even get it to run under DOSMERGE.

I can't advise about the AIX driver situation, but in order to have a
device work under DOS/MERGE you will probably have to add it to /etc/dosdev
- see pages 8-23 thru 8-27 of the DOS MERGE User's and Administrators Guide.

In particular you probably want to duplicate the example on the bottom of
page 8-26 replacing the name and numbers with the particular information
about your tape drive's ports and memory addresses.