IBM PS/2 AIX

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Tue Sep 19 22:08:22 AEST 1989

sze at cory.Berkeley.EDU (James Y.C. Sze) writes:

>Has IBM introduced a version of AIX/2 able to support more than two
>users for the PS/2?  I'd like to buy a copy for a model 70.  Any idea
>how much it will cost?

AIX for PS/2 V1.1 claims support for 16 users.  If you want to run
many users, I recommend the use of multiport boards sold by Dickens Data.

Your IBM rep should be able to provide accurate pricing on AIX and on
Dickens Data boards.  The prices different people pay for identical IBM
software vary so wildly that the price we paid probably bears little
resemblance to the price you'll pay.

I encourage you to be sure that you can get an upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2.
>From what I understand, some of the missing features of 1.1 will appear
in 1.2 which should be out by year-end.
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347