AIX on IBM370 machines

Oleg Kiselev oleg at gryphon.COM
Sun Sep 24 20:56:08 AEST 1989

In article <303 at van-bc.UUCP> skl at wimsey.bc.ca (Samuel Lam) writes:
>I supposed the reason AIX isn't supporting mutliple 3270's is because
>its implementor had choosen not to.

Let's set something straight here.  As it stands now, AIX/370 does not allow
one to DIAL to it (as far as I know).  There is no reason for why there isn't
such a thing except that it was not asked for.  I do not know how complicated
it would be to write a driver for it, but I was assured by people who I trust
in such matters that it is not too difficult.

On the other hand, if you have TCP/IP package on your VM, you can telnet or
rlogin to the AIX/370 host and use 3270 to do that.
--
			"No regrets, no apologies"   Ronald Reagan

Oleg Kiselev            ARPA: lcc.oleg at seas.ucla.edu, oleg at gryphon.COM
(213)337-5230           UUCP: [world]!{ucla-se|gryphon}!lcc!oleg