AIX on IBM370 machines

Samuel Fuller sbf10 at uts.amdahl.com
Tue Sep 26 10:01:48 AEST 1989

In article <6368 at turnkey.gryphon.COM> jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM writes:
>In article <321 at cscnj.csc.COM> paul at cscnj.csc.COM (Paul Moody) writes:
>>
>>I dont know how relevant this is to this discussion,
>>but Amdahl's UTS does support 3270's.
>
>The reason that UTS could support 3270's is that it runs native. AIX, on
>the other hand runs as a guest under VM. As Oleg pointed out, this means

Correction: UTS runs either native or as a VM guest.  3270 support has
little or nothing to do with what is under the system.  I'am not sure
what AIX's problem is.
Sam Fuller / Amdahl System Performance Architecture

I speak for myself, from the brown hills of San Jose.

UUCP: {ames,decwrl,uunet}!amdahl!sbf10 | USPS: 1250 E. Arques Ave (M/S 139)
INTERNET: sbf10 at amdahl.com             |       P.O. Box 3470
PHONE: (408) 746-8927                  |       Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3470