AIX on IBM370 machines

Lewis T. Flynn terry at uts.amdahl.com
Sun Sep 24 08:21:39 AEST 1989

In article <6368 at turnkey.gryphon.COM> jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM writes:
>Since VM/CMS does not allow multiple logons of the same
>user id this precludes multiple 3270 access to the system.

True, CP does not allow you to have multiple logons to the same userid, but
that doesn't preclude you from having lots of 3270's accessing an operating
system running in a virtual machine. Just attach them to the vm and they'll
see the OS's logon screen or a user can dial to the vm and get the same
results. Now if AIX doesn't support more than one 3270, then that is AIX's
fault, not CP's. CMS only supports one terminal, but that is because CMS is
a single user, single process operating system.

Please note that I have no knowledge one way or the other of AIX's
capabilities, I'm speaking as a long time VM user.

Terry