AIX fullscreen file editors

Mark Whetzel markw at airgun.wg.waii.com
Tue Sep 26 07:40:24 AEST 1989

We were having a discussion on editors for unix, and in particular AIX, and
the question came up:

What editors are available for AIX?

IBM ships vi (of course) and INed from interactive with AIX.  But what
other editors are available for AIX?

EMACS (sp?) has been mentioned. Where is it available with support?  I have
downloaded the GNU emacs and am starting to compile it, but the manuals
are written in TeX and I do not have it available.  What we are looking
for are commercial products that would run out of the box for AIX and
have documentation and support.

Most of our users are also IBM MVS mainframe
users are are used to using ISPF.  A lot of our PC users use the product
SPF/PC.  Is there a SPF beast for AIX (unix?)

P.S.  I know that editors are a religious subject,  so no flames about SPF,
just the facts please.

THanks

Markw

--
Mark Whetzel     My comments are my own, not my company's.
Western Geophysical - A division of Western Atlas International,
A Litton/Dresser Company           DOMAIN addr: markw at airgun.wg.waii.com
...!texbell!moray!airgun!markw     UUNET address:  uunet!airgun!markw