Termcap --> terminfo conversion ??

Umesh R. Dhond umesh at walt.cc.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 29 08:54:54 AEST 1989

In article <d2p902Mz56ZY01 at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> <11098 at smoke.BRL.MIL>

>>Does anyone know how to use the info in the terminfo to create a
>>termcap entry?
>
>"infocmp -C att630" should do it (assuming you've installed the
>terminfo entry via "tic").  However, use mine instead..

I have the reverse problem.

I'm using a termcap entry for a WYSE-85 terminal
that runs fine on the SUN (running BSD Unix).
I now need to use this terminal (from home) to access an IBM-RT PC
that runs AIX version 2.2. I understand AIX requires a "terminfo" file.

Are there any ground rules to convert a

termcap entry ===> terminfo entry ??

I have never written a termcap (nor a terminfo) in my life, so doing this
conversion by myself will be a formidable task. However, if there are
any pointers which any of the AIX/IBM-RT "gurus" out there
can give me, that would greatly ease the pain.

Is there a  program that can convert a tercap file to a terminfo file ??
That would be a boon from heaven !!

Do reply to me directly by e-mail. I'll later post a summary.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Umesh