AIX PS/2, DOSmerge & COM Ports

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Sat Sep 23 23:27:28 AEST 1989

ebm at ibmarc.uucp (Eli Messinger) writes:

>Has anyone gotten a DOS comm program (e.g, Procomm+) to work under
>AIX PS/2's DOSmerge?  If so, what version of AIX are you running,
>what updates, what tricks did you use, etc.

I've used Kermit (V2.31) under DOSMerge, under AIX PS/2 1.1 with the
updates from the August update disks.  It really does not work
at high speeds (19200, and 9600).  It will work O.K. at high speeds
until you get a burst of input, and the interrupt latency appears to be
too high.  You get the "...System Halted" message.  WHENEVER you
run DOS Merge, ALWAYS open a virtual terminal via "open dos".  That way
a halted DOS system will not force a reboot.

Also, I connect com1 to "/dev/ltty0" via the dosdev file.  Finally, it
seems to always think that CD is high.  I also have a locally written
communications application which runs just fine (even at 19200).

Play around with dosdev and dosenv files until it works.
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin