AIX Documentation

Oleg Kiselev oleg at gryphon.COM
Sat Sep 30 21:44:23 AEST 1989

In article <1989Sep30.013213.23458 at tmsoft.uucp> mason at tmsoft.UUCP (Dave Mason) writes:
>manuals: heavy on leading you through where to find the `enter' key;
>light on explaining what is going on (or describing the 1000 ways AIX
>does things differently from SysV or BSD).

AIX-PS/2 and AIX/370 doccumentation is substantially better.  Also, wherever
possible and where it did not contradict POSIX and the needs of TCF (in
AIX/370), 4.3BSD and sVr2 semantics, flags and functionality were implemented.

>I don't know whether you can get on-line manual pages or not...

AIX/370 comes with on-line man pages.

>anybody want to buy a nice fully configured RT?

Perhaps the architects who misconceived that baby would take it back?
--
			"No regrets, no apologies"   Ronald Reagan

Oleg Kiselev            ARPA: lcc.oleg at seas.ucla.edu, oleg at gryphon.COM
(213)337-5230           UUCP: [world]!{ucla-se|gryphon}!lcc!oleg