Serial Port Access

John Garnett garnett at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Sat Sep 23 09:46:28 AEST 1989

In article <9195 at pyr.gatech.EDU>, ken at pyr.gatech.EDU (Ken Hall) writes:
> I am having trouble logging into my aix system through the serial port on
> my ps/2....
>
> I haven't done anything to configure the port except the usual software load
> and creation of ttyp's and ttyn's....

Unless you are using AIX Access for DOS User's (AADU) over token ring or
ethernet, you shouldn't need to define any ttyn's [ptydev] (if anyone
has info to the contrary, let me know).

If you attaching a regular Ascii terminal or PC running a standard terminal
emulation package, then add tty's [ttydev] instead.

John Garnett
garnett at rpp386.cactus.org