AIX on IBM370 machines

Oleg Kiselev oleg at lcc.la.Locus.COM
Tue Sep 19 14:57:33 AEST 1989

Let me correct something I said in the previous article.

In article <20027 at gryphon.COM> oleg at gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) writes:
>Second, there is a basic flaw in the very concept of VM that presumes that
>the guest OS is a single-user, single-process system.

This is not true for VM.  I was thinking about CMS and for some reason (lack
of sleep?  brain damage?) confused it with VM.  VM allows multiple 3270
terminals to access a virtual machine by using "DIAL xxxx" style of login.

As AIX/370 exists now and will be shipped, there is no "normal" 3270 driver,
just a "console" driver, so there will not be a capability to "dial" an AIX
virtual machine from several 3270 terminals.  However, there is nothing to
prevent OEMs from writing their own drivers.

Oleg Kiselev               I speak for myself only.
(213)337-5230