RT running AIX w/Ethernet card....suggestions wanted.

Paul Linton pjl at ms.uky.edu
Thu Sep 21 04:05:04 AEST 1989

I have seen many people posting about using their RT's with ethernet.

Alas I cannot seem to piece it together.  I have all the appropriate
files with the appropriate setting, _except_ the fact that I never used
the devices command and I am pretty sure I need to.  I enter and go
to the 'add' function.  But there does not seem to be any available choices
for adding it.  I know this is kind of vague, but I am not sitting at the
console right now and can't remember what the exact message is when the
system comes up.  The daemon appears to boot up but when I try to Telnet
out it claims 'network unreachable'.  I am getting ready to order the
Communications guide to installing TCPIP but didn't want to wait for
it if someone could push me in the right direction.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

    Paul

--
Paul Linton      UKCC Consultant.                University of Kentucky.
...!ukma!pjl                Lexington, Kentucky.