RT running AIX w/Ethernet card....suggestions wanted.

Paul Linton pjl at ms.uky.edu
Fri Sep 22 11:21:30 AEST 1989

In article <573 at pan.UUCP>, jw at pan.UUCP (Jamie Watson) writes:
> In article <12724 at s.ms.uky.edu> pjl at ms.uky.edu (Thats me) writes:
> >I have seen many people posting about using their RT's with ethernet.
> >the devices command and I am pretty sure I need to.  I enter and go
> >to the 'add' function.  But there does not seem to be any available choices
> >for adding it.
> You need to add the VRM device driver for the Baseband Adapter.  After
> you do that, when you run the "devices" command you will see that it
> has a new option, for "adapters".  That is what you are looking for.
>
> jw

  Ok, thanks everyone that replied.  i got many suggestions, all which
boiled down to what Jamie Watson said (and John from IBM).  I should have
my VRMDD disks tomorrow.  (Unfortunately whoever used the machine before
my job started deleted everything they thought was not important and THEN
took all the installation disks, sigh).

  Thank _everyone_!

     Paul Linton (AIX flunky)
--
Paul Linton      UKCC Consultant.                University of Kentucky.
...!ukma!pjl                Lexington, Kentucky.