?? how do I print on a PS2/AIX ??

John T. Hartman jhartman at russia..aix.kingston.ibm.com
Tue Apr 10 06:20:50 AEST 1990

In article <1990Apr7.024117.12889 at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> gr-ssa at cscraz.UUCP (Shahrooz S. Alavi) writes:

>	Excuse the ignorance (I have not been able to get a hold of a
>	good set of manulas) How do I print something on the attached
>	parallel printer on a PS/2 running AIX 1.1?  (print file and
>	print -lpd and pr file did not work)

This is just a guess since you don't say what happens or what kind of
error message you receive when you issue these commands.  When
you attached your printer, did you run the devices command to add
the device to your system?  If not, log in as root and type 'devices'.
Just answer the questions.

Then again, if you did run devices, this isn't going to help much, is it.

-John Hartman
 IBM Kingston,  AIX I/O Development.
 TL 8-695-5382
 (914) 385-5382