X11R4 xterm on RS/6000

David Lane Battle battle at utkux1.utk.edu
Thu Aug 16 02:34:48 AEST 1990

We have managed to compile X11R4 xterm from MIT on an RS/6000, however we are
still having one problem with it.  Occasionally, the shell in the xterm comes
up with the following message:

Warning: no access to tty; thus no job control in this shell...

Does anyone know what causes this?

Also, one of our primary reasons for wanting xterm on the RS/6000 was so
we could use graph and plot to draw simple graphs in the tektronix window,
but tektronix support seems to have been omitted from the aix version of
plot(?)  Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get around this problem?

					-David L. Battle
					battle at utkux1.utk.edu