Editing within mail under AIX 3.1 (and AIX 1.1)

Alan Beal beal at paladin.Owego.NY.US
Fri Aug 3 11:19:41 AEST 1990

In article <2983 at awdprime.UUCP>, ron at woan.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S. Woan) writes:
> I just tried it on my system, and it seems that it does not try to
> resolve vi's location based on PATH and only works when you give the
> complete path for vi in your VISUAL declaration, i.e.
>
> VISUAL=/usr/bin/vi;export VISUAL
>
> At least, this works fine with me in 9021 (GOLD).

Same problem occurs on AIX 1.1 on a PS/2.  If you set VISUAL to
/usr/bin/vi, ~v will work properly.

A different problem I am having is when I try to backspace while typing
the Subject line.  The backspace is not echoed properly, that is, the
cursor stays in the same position although the text is properly erased
when viewing the message with ~p.  Doing a ~s works OK.  This happens
when I dial in and is apparently not a problem for someone at the
console.  Perhaps, it has something to do with my stty settings??  This
occurs on AIX 1.1 on a PS/2 70.
--
Alan Beal
Internet: beal at paladin.Owego.NY.US