Switch cntl and caps lock

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Fri Aug 17 02:57:27 AEST 1990

In article <1349 at urbana.mcd.mot.com> guarna at urbana.mcd.mot.com writes:

>Does anyone know if it is possible to switch the control and caps lock keys
>on the HFT for AIX 1.1 or 1.2?  I know that it can be done in X with the
>-pckeys option, but I would like to do it everywhere.  Any easy solutions?

Yes, there is an easy way. Make sure you do the following on the console!

Hold down the left hand control and alt keys and the right hand shift key.
The first time you do this a LOCUS will be displayed. Repeat the sequence,
now you should see MDMODE or some such thing. Now you can simply hit 'c'
and it will switch they keys. A '?' in this mode will display a small
menu indicating the various options. Be careful what keys you hit when
in LOCUS mode, since for instance, a '!' in that mode will panic the
machine. For those of you familiar with the 370, LOCUS mode on the PS/2
console is equivalent basically to the ~5 key sequences on the 370 console.

Hope this helps you out.

Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not LCC or IBM.
Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM