CD-Rom definition et al

hdb bonnett at umd5.umd.edu
Tue Aug 14 01:49:07 AEST 1990

I was wondering about a couple elementary things, since my 6000 came
with so much hardcopy documentation ;-). First: What do I need to do
to make the internal CD-ROM drive accessible.  When I attempt to add
the drive through SMIT it does not like any of the connection addrs
that I offer up. It is CDROM 1 and scsi0. I get errors of either

"0514-031 A device is already configured at the specified location."
or else
0514-051 Device to be configured does not match the physcial
                 device at the specified connection location.
if I enter 00 or 01 respectively.

The machine is a 530 running 9021.

Also I am looking for a way to do a Motif widget for xbiff etc
that will give me a window without the grow/icon and menu boxes.
What I want is a simple window like the X11 xbiff client.

Thanks,

-dave bonnett-
      bonnett at umd5.umd.edu