bind 4.8.x and AIX 1.2 ?

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Sat Aug 4 01:21:33 AEST 1990

In article <A0020.90Jul31105537 at aix370.rrz.uni-koeln.de> a0020 at rrz.uni-koeln.de (Axel Clauberg) writes:
>AIX/370 1.2's nameserver seems to be based on a very old BSD version (4.7 ?).
[...]
>Before I start to debug:
>does anyone have a properly running bind (named) rel. >= 4.8.1 on AIX/370
>or PS/2 release 1.2 ?

Funny you should ask :-}. What I believe is called the July preventative
update by the time it grinds through the IBM machinery includes my port of
BIND 4.8.1. This is not some small fix, it is a complete new port. You will
still probably want the bind source since we are not shipping nslookup. I
will say a little more about building this stuff in another followup. Many
of you out there will probably be interested to know that this update also
includes my port of sendmail 5.61 (yes, finally). I have left the Berkeley
SIDs in the binaries so you can verify the version levels using what.

Have fun!

Disclaimer: I fix code, I don't speak for LCC nor IBM.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM