Performance of AIX 1.2

Shawn Hayes shawn at jdyx.UUCP
Wed Aug 29 10:20:38 AEST 1990

  I can understand your questioning the validity and I just happen to have
a ready made answer.  :>

   The question is which OS can work best for us on a PS/2 model 70.  However,
in the near future we will be working on a project that will run on a couple
of different systems.  For a high-end to mid-range system we are looking very
hard at the Risc 6000.  If we go that route it would make it easier for us
if we used the same OS for a low-end system.  We can make the system portable
and have done so for our benchmark by creating subroutines for each low-level
access routine.  But, it would be better from a programmer/company standpoint
if we can support a single OS.

    I'll give your suggestion a try and look at the amount of paging going
on in the system.

thanks.

Shawn Hayes