Creating a newsgroup for the 6000-series ?

Glenn R. Stone gs26 at prism.gatech.EDU
Tue Aug 28 10:07:40 AEST 1990

In <2085 at krafla.rhi.hi.is> frisk at rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) writes:
>What do you folks think of creating a newsgroup dedicated to those
>machines ?  There is considerable RS/6000 discussion here in this group,
>but it seems to me that the machines deserve a group of their own, just like
>most other popular machines.  However ....
[concern expressed here over newness, etc.]

They've certainly generated enough (very useful) volume here to fill a
group.... but there really hasn't been that much ps/2 and rt stuff to
wade thru.  As I see it, we could either split, or just put appropriate
stuff in our Subject lines.... If we do split, I think "risc6000" would
be the more appropriate name, as some Aussies have pointed out....

I'll be happy split or no, as long as Austin stays on the net with all
that good advice...

-- Glenn R. Stone (gs26 at prism.gatech.edu)
(glenns at thunder.gatech.edu soon as I get sendmail working :)