emacs and Defect Support

Pete Resnick resnick at cogsci.uiuc.edu
Sat Aug 18 09:58:45 AEST 1990

I had a problem with emacs on an RT 6150 running AIX and YP. I sent
off piles of stuff to Andrew Wong in Austin. He was going to work on
it. But....

The folks in Defect Support who were trying to fix the problem could
not figure it out from the core dumps. So I sent the source for emacs.
Silly me. Defect Support will not look at the source code since there
is a copyright notice attached. Nevermind that the copyright on emacs
is basically "anyone can have this so long as you keep the copyright
notice." They won't look at it.

Can someone down there in Austin make this happen for me? I just got
my tape and box of disks back from Andrew, but I will send them right
back down if someone can do something here.

Thanks,
pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC
Internet/ARPAnet/EDUnet  : resnick at cogsci.uiuc.edu
BITNET (if no other way) : FREE0285 at UIUCVMD