Flakey RS/6000 Ethernet

Peter Jeffe 512.823.4091 jeffe at sandino.austin.ibm.com
Thu Aug 9 01:19:02 AEST 1990

In article <24430 at boulder.Colorado.EDU> grunwald at foobar.colorado.edu writes:
>When we power-up the RS/6000, it will remain on the network for a
>while.  Eventually, with no action on our part, it will not connect
>with hosts connected to the other side of a retix bridge....
>Rebooting doesn't help. Power cycle does help, sometimes.

Are you sure it's the S/6000?  It sounds like the bridge that's flaky,
especially since cycling power on the S/6000 doesn't seem to cure it.  How
about cycling the bridge?  In any case, have you contacted your IBM rep to
help track down the problem?  That's generally the most effective way to
get attention on these sorts of problems.