Problem with missing CR/LF's after updating to 90.22

Geoff Coleman geoff at edm.uucp
Tue Aug 21 14:50:02 AEST 1990

>From article <skidrow.651193329 at ceres>, by skidrow at ceres.ucsc.edu (Gary M. Lin):
>
> 	Tweaking with stty does _not_ seem to fix it.  But I
> 	notice processes associated with pty's don't have this
> 	glitch.  Only login shells (on the console and the
> 	XStation) do this.  Really confused by all this!!
>
> 					Gary M. Lin

	My one bit of advice on this subject is to make sure that
you are not running tset on login (ie through profile or cshrc).
Some of our people had problems when we upgraded to 9021 and it
turned out they all had tset in their .profiles.
	Before removing tset from their .profiles stty sane would
fix the problem.

Geoff Coleman

p.s. this is another bug that I haven't reported yet through official
     channels .