Tektronix emulation (was Re: X11R4 xterm on RS/6000)

jsalter at slo.paloalto.ibm.com jsalter at slo.paloalto.ibm.com
Sat Aug 18 05:16:59 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug17.115057.3821 at galadriel.bt.co.uk> andy at galadriel.bt.co.uk (Andy Howcroft) writes:
>From article <1990Aug15.163448.16205 at cs.utk.edu>, by battle at utkux1.utk.edu (David Lane Battle):
>> Also, one of our primary reasons for wanting xterm on the RS/6000 was so
>> we could use graph and plot to draw simple graphs in the tektronix window,
>> but tektronix support seems to have been omitted from the aix version of
>> plot(?) Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get around this problem?

The "aixterm" command has tektronix emulation (undocumented) through the -t
option.  Whether the lack of documentation is intentional or not, I don't
know.  Warning: this feature may go away in future releases.

>> 					-David L. Battle
>> 					battle at utkux1.utk.edu

>Yes...but you won't like it. Try launching the IBM junk out of the
>nearest window and the buy a 'real' workstation.

If you don't like it you're more than welcome to.  However, it would be
nice to know why you think it's "junk" instead of casually throwing out
comments like that.  Specifics, please.  In terms of floating-point it's
the hottest thing on the market, though thats more my area.

And yes, I have my own opinions on the product.  IBM doesn't control my
mind.  Just my paycheck. :-)

>Andy Howcroft 				Email: andy at galadriel.bt.co.uk
>British Telecom Research Labs 		Phone: +44 473 643653

jim/jsalter  IBM AWD, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427   VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: ibmsupt!jsalter at uunet.uu.net         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
	"Waco is a state of mind. Once you've gone there,
		you never come back" - Leo