X font paths; spaced out cc (Risc6000).

Applied Magnetics 3003jalp at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu
Thu Aug 30 08:02:33 AEST 1990

I log in as myself on the console and start X.  I want to point the
server to my $HOME/lib/font.alias, so I do this,
    $ xset -q
    $ xset +fp /u/pa/lib
    $ xset -q
where the two -q's are for sanity checking.  Sure enough, the middle
xset has no effect.  Any clues?  am I forgetting something?  seems
simple enough.

And then...
I made a private copy of xset.c, thinking I had found the bug (just
hallucinating, never mind that).  The compilation failed with something
like this:  1501-229 [compilation ran out of space].
Question: what `space' are we talking about?  swap? /tmp? $cwd? a table
in memory?  I searched the info database in vain.  If I knew, I might
do something about it.  Fortunately, this problem is intermittent :)

According to lslpp, we have bos 03.01.0000.0001 and
xlccmp 01.01.0000.0000.

  --P.Asselin