SIGNAL.h problems

karish at mindcrf.UUCP karish at mindcrf.UUCP
Wed Aug 8 08:21:04 AEST 1990

In article <90218.234122TAR at MAINE.BITNET> TAR at MAINE.BITNET (Thom Rounds) writes:
>    I need to know the AIX equivalent of SIGTSTP. I am trying to patch a piece
>of code to work on AIX but don't know the AIX equiv. ANY help would be greatly
>appreciated. Thank you.

    If you're programming on a PS/2 or an RS/6000 (or, I presume, a
    370) no equivalent is necessary; SIGTSTP is present in
    <sys/signal.h>.

    If you're working on an RT, no equivalent will be helpful, because
    AIX/RT doesn't support job control.  You'll have to examine the
    code carefully and disable anything that depends on the job
    control signals.

	Chuck Karish		karish at mindcraft.com
	Mindcraft, Inc.		(415) 323-9000