Wanted: UNIX-based cash register polling software

nick nick at bilpin.UUCP
Thu Aug 2 02:54:23 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul31.234454.24018 at talos.pm.com>, mckenney at talos.pm.com (Frank McKenney) writes:

> A friend of mine is trying to find UNIX-based software which will
> handle "polling" for his NCR cash registers.  I apologize for possibly
> over-posting this request, but I couldn't find a single really
> appropriate category.

NCR sells a number of such products, but they are specific to each terminal
(proper word for till so I'm informed :-)). Two packages which spring to
mind are Ultra 2126 and Ultra 2127 which handled the 2126 and 2127 terminals
and provided host database plu lookups etc. Having worked on both of these,
it shouldn't be too difficult to put something together yourself, the problem
is getting the DLC comms information re the tills from NCR.

> The company is currently using a software package called ADCOM
> (?ADDCOM?) which runs on an NCR Tower (ITX).  This package takes a
Towers do not run ITX. This sounds like an NCR I series machine to me.

Nick Price          SRL Data        || Apple link : UK0001
1 Perren Street     London NW5 3ED  || UUCP	  : nick at bilpin.uucp
Phone:              +44 1 485 6665  || Path	  : nick at bilpin.co.uk