configuring a remote printer on RS/6000

Dipto Chakravarty dipto at umbc3.UMBC.EDU
Fri Aug 17 12:48:58 AEST 1990

I went thru smit, configuring a remote printer definition, and
assuming that /etc/qconfig is going to contain the necessary
stanzas to make a definition (e.g. rprint) work.

The stanza did get added. But I had to edit the /etc/qconfig to
put in the options '-P' for rembak program to print to a non-aix
machine.

Now when I issue the command 'print rprint /etc/passwd' it does
not work. Any idea, where I am going wrong ... I need a print
definition for a LN03 printer located on a VAX on the ethernet
so that I can get the InfoExplorer (on the RS/6000-520) to print
out its information.

An alias called "rpr" of the shell script " cat ${*} | rsh vax lpr "
is tentatively in use by us. Can this script be incorporated in
the stanza somewhere

Please let me know at your earliest convinience by sending e-mail
to uunet!ats!dipto

-Dipto Chakravarty
 +1 (301) 384 1425

--