problem in csh with Risc/6000 AIX3.1

Steve DeJarnett steve at qe2.awdpa.ibm.com
Thu Aug 30 10:47:52 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug29.180625.17419 at cadence.com> mikel at cadence.cadence.com writes:

>Recently I got the chance to try RISC/6000 AIX3.1 and found a problem.
>When I type "ps aux | more" or "ls -lrt | more" in csh, I intermittently
>got the error message "Background write" but it's OK if I use sh.
>Cound somebody tell me something wrong with csh?

	This is indeed a known problem.  It crept into the system in the last
update.  It should be fixed in the next AIX update.  Check with your SE to
find out the availability date.

	Steve

Steve DeJarnett			Internet: steve at ibminet.awdpa.ibm.com
IBM AWD Palo Alto		UUCP:	  uunet!ibminet.awdpa.ibm.com!steve
(415) 855-3510			IBM VNET: dejarnet at ausvmq
These opinions are my own.  I doubt IBM wants them.......