Problem solution: InfoExplorer on RS6000 from PX-Xsight

David H Close compata at cup.portal.com
Thu Aug 9 13:16:08 AEST 1990

Recently I posted a question about a problem I was having with using PC-Xsight
to run AIXwindows on an RS6000.  The problem can be stated as:

" When running AIX InfoExplorer while in PC-Xsight, the mouse pointer
" essentially disappears, but only within the text portion of an Info window.
" The pointer is correct in the Info window *frame* and elsewhere on the
" screen.  By "essentially disappears" I mean that the mouse pointer becomes
" a rectangle of the same color as the background.  It can be seen only when
" it passes over text.  I have contacted Locus about this problem (three
" weeks ago); so far, no results.

The problem has been identified as belonging to PC-Xsight, a product of Locus.
I was running Xsight version 2.1.1.  Upgrading to version 2.1.2 fixed the
problem.  Apparently, although the mouse pointer appears to be the same when
in an Info window, its matrix size is increased.  Xsight 2.1.1 can't handle
cursors bigger than 16x16; 2.1.2 can handle up to 32x32.

Many thanks to all the generous people on the net who attempted to help solve
the problem.  And thanks to Locus for sending the upgrade.

Dave Close, Compata, Arlington, Texas
compata at cup.portal.com
compata at mcimail.com