XStation talking to RT

Fri Dec 21 15:24:26 AEST 1990

I've been banging my head against this for the past few days:

I'm running an XStation 120, hooked up to a RS/6000. I do most of my
work, however, using rlogin or tn into various RTs around the office.
(Why, you ask? Because I'm developing toold that have to run on these
RTs, mostly using awk, and the awk on RT is so brain-damaged that
developing awk code that works elsewhere, then porting it to the RT is
useless. The mother-may-I OS strikes again...)

Anyway, what should I set TERM to on the RTs so that they can talk to my
aixterm window correctly? I've tried "aixterm-m", but 2.2.1 doesn't seem
to have heard of it, and none of the other options I've tried work well
either. I'm reduced to using a 3151 (*bleah*) to get anything done.

I've probably missed something excruciatingly obvious. Now if I could get
InfoExplorer working consistently (without ignoring 4 out of 5
keystrokes... aaaarrrrgggghhhh....), I could RTFM...

Joe Zitt		...cs.utexas.edu!kvue!zitt!joe 		(512)450-1916