3rd-party peripherals (disk) for RS/6000's

gary smith gary at ut-emx.uucp
Sat Dec 22 05:56:04 AEST 1990

Two days ago, I posted a query regarding installation/use of 3rd-party
SCSI disks for POWERserver 540's.  In particular, I'm interested in
knowing which 3rd-party SCSI disks people are using on their RS/6000's
and how successful their experiences have been.  Seagate makes two fa-
milies of disks which look very interesting, and are substantially less
expensive than IBM's prices: Elite (highest-performance) and WREN.  Of
course there are many other manufacturers of SCSI disks, but these look
interesting from a price/performance perspective.  Could I hear from
those of you who have tried this?  Thanks.

Gary Smith
University of Texas System CHPC
Balcones Research Center
Austin, Texas 78758