Too many remote mounts?!

Richard A Johnson raj at pollux.geog.ucsb.edu
Wed Dec 19 10:18:09 AEST 1990

When I try to remote mount a partition which resides on my RS/6000 from another
Unix system (I've tried this with our RT running AOS, another RS/6000, and with
a PS/2 running AIX), I get:

% mount ncgia1:/ncgia1/u1 /mnt
mount: ncgia1:/ncgia1/u1: Out of remote working directories
Can't mount ncgia1:/ncgia1/u1 on  /mnt:

I know the problem is on the RS/6000 side because I get the same thing from any
machine I try.  Apparently there is a maximum number of system to which an
RS/6000 will allow its partitions to be remote mounted.

Can I change this number?  I certainly hope so!  It's really small!  What files
do I need to change?  How do I rebuild the kernel?

Any help would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.