SNA: RS/6000 <-> IBM mainframe

Johnny Chao chao at uscacsc.usc.edu
Thu Dec 6 11:21:52 AEST 1990

	How can we set up a connection between an RS/6000 workstation and
an IBM 3090 mainframe through a leased telephone line using SDLC and let
the workstation emulate an IBM 3270 data terminal?

	The IBM 3090 runs MVS and TSO/VTAM. The RS/6000 workstation contains
a 4-port Multiprotocol adapter and connects to an IBM 5822-10 modem.

	Are we using the right hardware configuration ? What is the procedure
to set up the connection in terms of mainframe side and workstation side ?
Finally, where can we find related documentation ?

	Thank You !

	Johnny Chao
	chao at uscacsc.usc.edu